Meredith Dugas: Hear Me. Hear Me.
Those who know me well will tell you that I’m not really one to brag or boast about my accomplishments – quietly, that is. On the contrary to Doug Williams, I’ll gladly dive headfirst into any conversation pit that gives me an opportunity to talk more about me. After all, I’m the expert.
But even though I know deep down that few people outside my mom and dad will ever care enough to commit any of my achievements to memory, I still can’t help but try.
Besides, it’s that burning determination that has gotten me so far in the first place – which is right back where I began my career. (I agree. These looks are deceiving.)
But by any standard – well, mine that is – I now have the greatest gig in the world. After working in corporate America (ok, not exactly corporate but it was non-profit, which is equally political) and managing a staff of 17, I’m now responsible for one person: Me. And it’s a great feeling.
I also get to work side-by-side with two individuals whose accomplishments are undisputable: Shari King and renowned television-star Gregory House… I mean, Doug Williams. (C’mon – you have to admit the resemblance is uncanny. And the dry, sarcastic wit is beyond comparison.)
But I digress. And I’m really not that self-loathing.
Even though the likelihood is small, here are a few things you may want to know about me:
- Nearly a decade of marketing and communications experience
- Former editor and contributing writer of six major publications
- Strategy development and implementation for public and private organizations
- Experienced writer of speeches, expert columns, presentations, executive communication, press releases, advertising and more
- Event-planning specialist with experience in a range of industries