Meredith Dugas: The Communications Strategist
I am the vice president of Strategic Services at Fuse 5 and have a broad background in brand strategy, writing, and event planning. With a communications career spanning nearly 15 years, I’m experienced in developing and executing communications programs for a number of organizations in multiple sectors, including the energy, legal, and health care industries, and am well versed in media and association outreach and internal communications programs.
From strategy development and execution to web-based research and data-mining, my background includes virtually all aspects of communications. Highlights include:
- Broad background working in the retail energy sector, including bringing residential value propositions to the market and developing emerging propositions to support sustainable and integrated solutions for commercial and industrial customers.
Specific accomplishments and capabilities: value propositions and other sales resources, thought leadership campaigns, traditional expert positioning, association outreach, speaking engagements, media pitching and placement, press releases, residential and commercial/industrial customer outreach and marketing, internal communications, email campaigns, event planning and management, brand development and growth, social media strategy, and much more.
- Expertise in association growth strategies and event planning with specific energy sector experience.
- Extensive understanding of healthcare marketing and internal communications, writing annual reports, physician expert marketing articles, internal and external newsletters, and poster campaigns.
- Law firm marketing with capabilities that include advertising conception and strategy, attorney expert positioning and ghostwriting, brochures and other supporting collateral, web copy, press releases, and attorney announcements.
- Knowledge across a range of other industries – from non-profits to the arts to industrial businesses – and services including general brand development, management, and growth; sponsorship strategies, coordination, and planning; case study and whitepaper writing and marketing; research; sales communications; social media strategy and campaigns; and technical writing.
Prior to joining Fuse 5, I was the head of Internal Communications for the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center Campus, the flagship hospital of the largest system in Texas and home to 5,500 employees and more than 1,300 affiliated physicians. While there, I managed the operations of 17 employees and worked with senior leadership to set the department’s strategic direction, supporting efforts to achieve growth, operational excellence, high quality care, and patient, employee and physician satisfaction.
I earned a degree in public relations and an MBA from the University of Houston.